Financial Planning for Busy Families
Getting money “right” places a tremendous amount of pressure on families. You should be enjoying your time together, living in the moment, and confidently anticipating what comes next. Instead, you may find yourself stressed, uncertain, and confused about what to expect in your financial life.
Our financial planning and investment management services take that overwhelm away and sew your path to financial independence. The work we do threads the needle and weaves together the fabric of your financial life.
We offer our financial planning and asset management services at a flat fee, regardless of how large your investments become.
We have built hundreds of comprehensive plans for clients — enough plans to know that the amount of complexity and time spent doesn’t necessarily change because of your portfolio size.
Why should financial companies’ profit margins increase as your asset base grows? This is one of the primary reasons we believe the traditional assets under management pricing model is flawed.
At Afton Advisors, our interests are aligned with yours. If paying off debt or investing in real estate is a priority for you, we don’t have an incentive to steer those dollars towards the assets we directly manage. Through it all, our goal remains the same: to help you achieve more with your money.
Here are the three ways we work with clients.
Foundations Planning Process
$2,800 / one-time, comprehensive plan-building engagement
Have you ever felt like it might be time to take a step back and look at whether you’re doing all the right things financially and that the steps you are taking are going to be enough? Have you been asking yourself these questions:
- What should I be doing?
- Where should my next dollars go?
- What should my priorities be?
- Is there anything in my plan I might be unaware of?
- Can I retire in 10 years?
- Is there something I should be doing to better manage taxes?
- Any investment vehicles out there I may be unaware of?
- When can I retire?
- What’s the best way to position my assets for distribution?
- What is the impact of inflation and healthcare costs on my retirement plan?
- Am I missing anything in my thought process?
- Are there more efficient tax strategies to get the most out of my money?
At the end of the process, your family will have a plan for every financial detail of importance in your life. We’ll work together over 6-12 weeks….however long it takes to give you peace of mind about where you are and where you’re headed.
Timeline for Foundations Planning Process
When you decide to hire Afton Advisors,, here is the timeline for how we work together to build your financial plan.
60-min meeting to organize your financial details
- Discover your goals and financial potential.
- Build your personal financial website.
- Organize your financial documents in our online valt
90-minute session to analyze all areas of your financial plan
- Review cash flow, savings, and debt
- Investment review and tax planning
- Protection and estate planning
60-min meeting to deliver your customized financial plan
- Review your plan together
- Answer any and all questions you have
- Make any necessary adjustments
- Determine and assign next steps
- Establish your implementation schedule
6-week implementation of your financial plan
- Ensure all aspects of your plan are executed properly
- Establish new money habits
Update your plan as life changes
- Annual reviews
- Ongoing client service
- Continued control of your financial future
What do I get from foundations?
- A written, actionable plan with all the help you might need implementing and automating this plan
- Confidence and clarity about your financial future and the steps being made to ensure its success
- Foundational educational knowledge about key tax strategies and financial topics
Ongoing Financial Planning and Investment Management PROSPER
Reach prosperity and be confident in your financial future. An ongoing relationship to ensure you are never making important financial decisions alone.
With financial growth comes more financial complexity. We guide you through everyday critical money decisions so you never miss an opportunity or overlook an important consideration.
This is our most comprehensive and hands-on financial planning package. It covers sophisticated tax planning, family planning, and estate planning issues.
While building a plan is important, that plan will change over time. Having the right relationship with you in the middle of life is MORE IMPORTANT. This way, you are never alone with important financial decisions! We continuously and proactively adjust your plan and manage your assets to optimize your future and ensure your goals are met.
What do I get from prosper?
- Ongoing financial planning and investment management bundled together for one flat fee
- 3 scheduled meetings per year to cover financial planning, tax planning, and employee benefits and insurance reviews in summer/winter/fall respectively
- Hands-on investment management to ensure proper asset allocation, rebalancing, tax harvesting, and all details of proactive asset management
- A partner “on-call” to answer any financial questions that come up throughout the year
- The ability to focus on what’s most important in life with the confidence that your financial plan is operating at peak efficiency and that you have full support whenever you need it from an experienced professional
Financial Planning SELF-MANAGED
Manage your finances on your own - with a little guidance from a live professional.
You’ve been managing your finances on your own and want to keep your hands firmly on the steering wheel. However, you want some direction and resources along the way. This is the perfect middle ground between a full hands-on advisory partnership and having to manage your entire financial plan on your own.
You’ll manage your money with access to best-in-class financial planning tools and financial coaching.
What do I get from self-managed?
- A second set of eyes for DIY investors
- Maintain use of financial planning software, RightCapital to help with retirement projections, investment analysis, tax projections and planning, and college savings support as a DIY tool
- Annual or semi-annual check-in with your advisor to get questions answered and make sure you are on the right track
- You continue to handle your own asset and investment management
- Advice from someone who knows you, your family, and your goals and objectives
The process to get started
First we meet and get to know each other, learn your concerns and goals, and answer any questions you have about money and our firm.
Next, we review the three separate options for how we can work together and assess which path makes the most sense for you and your situation.
Last, you decide how you want to move forward with Afton Advisors!
READY TO EXPLORE WORKING TOGETHER?
Schedule a FREE 30-minute Consultation today.SCHEDULE A 30-MINUTE CONSULTATION